We are excited to announce that our Board of Directors want to show our investment not only the sport of BMX, but in our riders (especially the youth), the community, and the future of BMX.
Our Board voted unanimously to offer a $500 scholarship for the first time in Snake River BMX history! The winner of the scholarship will be chosen at the end of the 2023 summer season. We are working with local high schools, colleges, vocational schools, and businesses to offer the youth this amazing opportunity.
Rules for entry and submission:
1. Scholarship applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 21.
2. Interest in the Scholarship must be submitted to the board in writing by the second week of May. The participant needs to state which college or vocational school they plan to attend.
3. Participants must complete an essay on how BMX has impacted their life and what it means to them.
4. Participants must complete a small service project that promotes the sport and helps the sport to grow in the community.
5. The essay and the completed project must be submitted by August 31, 2023 for judging.
Our board will be selecting three independent judges to score the essays and projects. Judges will not be active participants on our track but will have knowledge of the sport. If you can help us raise or donate funds to offer the youth more opportunities through this scholarship, please contact our Board via Facebook or our Track Operator at (435) 764-7086.
We are very excited to see how our scholarship applicants change our community for the better and learn more about themselves in the process. Good Luck!!
The Snake River BMX Board